Primary Vaccinations And Annual Booster Vaccination Advice For Dogs, Cats And Rabbits During Covid 19 Restrictions
Due to the increased risk of disease outbreak in dogs and cats over a longer period of time and the zoonotic risk of leptospirosis from dogs we are recommending the following:
- The primary vaccinations and year 1 boosters in dogs and cats go ahead.
- For dogs that are in a rural environment or dogs from multi dog households we are also recommending all other annual booster vaccinations.
- For cats that go out and contact other cats and for multi cat households, we are recommending all other annual booster vaccinations.
- We are recommending rabbit vaccinations go ahead due to the seasonal disease risks.
- For the health and protection of pet owners and staff we will be following the social distancing procedures outlined on our Covid 19 advice web page during the vaccination procedure.
- Please do not feel pressured to bring your animals to us for vaccination if you are at all unsure during this lockdown period. For peace of mind we can advise on individual animal risk assessment for your pet on a telephone consultation if you would prefer.